It just isn’t Christmas without the Christmas Tree. And a dry, dead tree surrounded by gifts and laden with ornaments isn't right either. Check out our guide to picking out a fresh, healthy tree this holiday season.
Here are a few tips from the experts on picking out the perfect tree.
- Gently pull on the needles of the tree you are looking at. They should be firmly attached to the branch.
- You can check the freshness of the tree by bending a needle between your fingers. If the tree is a fir, it should snap in half. If it is a pine, it should bend and not break.
- Look for a tree that has even coloring. Trees that vary in color tend to be drying out.
- Keep in mind that fir and pines hold needles best.
- After you take your tree home, be sure to freshen the trunk. Cut about a half an inch off the bottom of the trunk, which will allow for the tree to absorb more water, and stay fresh for longer. Be sure to keep your tree nice and watered in order to keep it green and healthy. (1, 2)
Happy Holidays from Sprinkler Master!
- Three Steps to a Healthy Lawn & Garden Year-round with Sprinkler Master Repair March 12, 2021
- Strengthening Tree Roots with Sprinkler Master Repair September 11, 2020
- Get to Know Your Sprinkler Pumps with Sprinkler Master Repair July 14, 2020
- Common Sprinkler Heads with Sprinkler Master Repair July 2, 2020
- Understanding Sprinkler Wires with Sprinkler Master Repair July 1, 2020
- Pop-up Sprinkler Heads — How to Fix them with Sprinkler Master Repair May 29, 2020