We use a 5 step checklist to winterize your sprinkler system.
- First, we shut off the main line or stop and waste valve.
- Second, We hook up our commercial air compressor and run through each zone to ensure that each zone is adequately drained.
- After, We set the sprinkler timer accordingly for winter use.
- If necessary, we will open the bleeder valves.
- Lastly, we shut down the backflow by turning the ports to open and putting the ball valves to 45 degrees.
3 Facts About Sprinkler Winterization
- When to Winterize Your Sprinkler System The first week of October is a great time in the Northern United States to shut off the sprinkler system to prevent damage.
- Why Winterize Getting your lawn sprinkler system winterized for the cold weather in the Northern United States is crucial for keeping your lawn irrigation system ready for spring and summer next year.
- The key when winterizing a sprinkler system is having a large volume of air go through the system.
WINTER ON ITS WAY?
Winterizing your sprinkler system is a necessity in order to protect your system from winter damage. Winterizing is the process of forcing compressed air into the sprinkler system and then cycling through each control valve until the water has been removed from the sprinkler/irrigation system.
WHEN BAD WEATHER HITS, YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY
After the water has been removed, the sprinkler system should not be turned on until the following spring, when temperatures no longer have the potential of freezing any water in the system. Each Fall, it's important to have your sprinklers winterized before the cold settles in. A Sprinkler Master technician can give you a complete shutdown and blowout at the end of the season.
WE MANAGE YOUR PROPERTY 24 HOURS A DAY
We understand that your property is a big investment and we want our customers to know that we are there for them to help them accomplish the dreams that they may have for their property. From new construction landscaping to existing landscapes that need a facelift, our professional staff can help.
Areas we cover for Sprinkler Winterization:
Other Names for Sprinkler Winterization:
- Winterize sprinkler system service,
- Air compressor for winterizing sprinkler system,
- Blowing out sprinklers for winter,
- Sprinkler winterization companies,
- Irrigation winterization cost,
- Air compressor to blow out sprinkler system,
- Winterize irrigation system cost,
- Draining irrigation system for winter,
- Irrigation system maintenance,
- Companies that winterize sprinkler systems,
- Sprinkler system shut off,
- Sprinkler winterization service,
- How to winterize sprinklers,
What to Expect
Setting Up An Appointment
After contacting your local Sprinkler Master, we’ll set a time and day that works for you. Traditionally, we try to set our appointments in 2 hours blocks for sprinkler repair, so we have enough time to find the problem, then fix it effectively.
Once we arrive, we’ll talk with you and find out what needs to be done on your sprinkler system, then get to work on fixing the problem!
Suggestions and Payment
After the technician completes the repair work, they’ll go over what they did and give any suggestions they have to help your lawn sprinkler system be more effective. Then, we’ll go over the bill with you and email you a copy. A hard copy may be requested. For payment, you can pay online at a secure site by clicking the link in the email, or pay the technician on the spot. That’s all there is to it! We strive to leave your yard better than when we came.